The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cnoc Dubh Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Cnoc Dubh
Re: Callanish '06
36 messages
Select a forum:
You write (in reply to my post of 13 April at 12:45) that, "... it would have been quicker and more helpful just to say "April"....."

My understanding for the dates of the Luna Standstill (or should we say Standstills) at Callanish are far from simple. Margaret Curtis provides 94 dates beginning 2 January 2003 and ending 16 December 2009! The April and June 2006 dates seem to be the best (I am far from being an expert on this) but there have already been low moons during the winter of 2004-2005, and the earliest dates to see the moon at the centre of the circle is on 9 October 2005 and 22 March 2006.

To quote you again, you say in your post of 13 April at 15:32 that you, "...could easily have found out (information on the (Standstill) anywhere else anyway with very little effort."

That being so your remark begs the question why you asked the List for this information in the first place.

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
18th April 2005ce
16:16

In reply to:

Re: Callanish '06 (Lianachan)

Messages in this topic: