The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Cnoc Dubh Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Cnoc Dubh
Re: Callanish '06
36 messages
Select a forum:
Actually, I was kinda hoping you'd BE part of the itinerary again! :o) Plans to stop at the Moulin again! Hooray!

It's all looking good at the mo.

First stop is the Lake District - same place we stopped at last year (very nice guest house in Grasmere)

Then up to Mallaig, where we'll get the ferry to the islands (Skye, Harris and Lewis)

The only uncertain bit is whether to go all the way to Mallaig in one go, or stop overnight somewhere (Stirling would be about half way). The first ferry leaves at 8:25am from Mallaig. Forgive my stupid-Southernness, but do I HAVE to get a ferry to Skye nowadays? Is there not a road bridge? That'd save me having to get up so early after a long drive... If not, I still have to get the 9:40am from Uig...

After a week in Lewis, straight to Pitlochry for a couple of nights, then maybe Edinburgh, Northumberland (hopefully catch up with Hob), then the Peak District, then, sadly, home... Lots to organise!

G x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
14th April 2005ce
16:12

In reply to:

Re: Callanish '06 (BigSweetie)

3 replies:

Re: Callanish '06 (anthonyqkiernan)
Re: Callanish '06 (follow that cow)
Re: Callanish '06 (BigSweetie)