The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Back of the Moon: The Nine Stone Ring
963 messages
Select a forum:
Branwen wrote:
Thanks, I've heard the Dowie Dens song by burns applied to Stanton Drew and Nine Stane Rig both. Burns was a lowlander and so familiar with english ballads too. He would plagerise from any source he could, mostly the oral traditional songs everyone sang in those days, and his works were more collections put into his own words, rather than original.

I've been working my way through this thread a bit at a time, the 855 posts being too much in one go, for me anyhow. I looked at the threaded view, and there are posts marked with blank circles and others with filled squares, is there a difference?

Only thing I miss with this board is a button to jump to the latest thread...

The latest Forum Topics are on the homepage here - http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/home/ along with the latest Blog Posts, News, Comments etc. The latest posts to any Forum Topic should appear in red on your monitor. The blank circles link back to the original post. The black squares link to someone else's post on that thread not to the original post on the thread (I think :-)

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
11th October 2009ce
20:06

Messages in this topic: