The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Not many summers by Littlestone
963 messages
Select a forum:
This bears comparison with anything on the list. Its high time it was added.

Coming up to midnight, Friday, 2005. Car loaded, water and a sandwich in the fridge for the journey down tomorrow. Leaving Essex a little after 4am. Lock the doors, climb into the cockpit, first stop Mum and Dad at the back of Pewsey churchyard - safe now in their circle and mine. Fresh flowers and a solstice smile to them and all that went before. Then gently into the Vale of Pewsey. Windows down. Wind blowing a year's worries away. Skylarks and the still heady smell of elderflower. And before the people gather there, a quiet stroll around my favourite Avebury stones and secret bank - still mist-surrounded and expectant.

We really do not live to see that many summers - certainly not that many to waste upon tiredness and misunderstanding. So, for what it's worth, I hope you enjoy what looks to be a lovely midsummer's weekend.

Happy summer solstice.

Littlestone

Reply | with quote
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
30th August 2006ce
19:00

In reply to:

Megalithic Poems (Littlestone)

Messages in this topic: