The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Queen of the Fairies Chair Forum Start a topic | Search
19 messages
Select a forum:
Hey Paulus

Unfortunately the first time i heard of the Queen of the Fairys Stone was when you mentioned it.
I was kinda hoping you could pinpoint it to me!
The only thing i can suggest is go to the great stone of fourstones on the streetmap locate your stone on there and click the link at the bottom to convert the map ref which'll give you a landranger grid ref?
Youe memory indeed serves you right and yes i got some photos of the cupmarks for you and will post this w/e after ive uploaded them from my digicam. I found quite e few cupmarks on top and a few footprints up one side of it.
Ive not really been round that area too much b4 so unsure about any other formations round there but it would be good to have a mooch about up there some more.
Theres a few caves and outcrops up Leck way you might find interesting theyre pretty much near the border. The sites i have yet to add are just cairns and barrows. I guess we'll have to find a local expert instead!

Peace

Tree

Reply | with quote
treehugger-uk
Posted by treehugger-uk
22nd January 2005ce
00:49

In reply to:

Re: FAO Paulus (Paulus)

Messages in this topic: