The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Queen of the Fairies Chair Forum Start a topic | Search
19 messages
Select a forum:
Hi treehugger

< the Queen of the Fairies chair but the directions seem to plot it well and truly in Yorkshire is that the right grid ref? >

I seem to be making a habit of mistaken grid-refs! I don't actually have the OS-map for this site, so the grid-ref was a bittova "near miss" on my behalf. If you've got the exact one, send it & I'll amend the site details.

I look forward to seeing your pikkies of the Fourstones. Did y' get any of the cup-markings on it? I was curiously lucky to visit this site when I was hitch-hiking last autumn, when this bloke drove me up to the place (in one helluva down-pour!) but I didn't have a camera. Harry Speight & another old writer (T.D. Whitaker perhaps) told there to be a few other stones & outcrops along the Yorks/Lancs border here with more than a bit of heathen history. Seems like there was summat going off in this small region that we've all forgotten about. Does anybody know owt more?

Reply | with quote
Paulus
Posted by Paulus
21st January 2005ce
19:49

In reply to:

FAO Paulus (treehugger-uk)

1 reply:

Re: FAO Paulus (treehugger-uk)

Messages in this topic: