The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Southern England Forum Start a topic | Search
Southern England
Bush Hill Park Golf Course "Fort"
10 messages
Select a forum:
Surely like others using this wesite I am quite prepared - nay, delighted - to go off wandering in search of prehistoric sites. Distance is no obstacle. Difficulty of access only heightens the challenge. You know how it is.

So delight turned to ecstasy when I finally, yesterday, checked out a rumoured iron age fort in Enfield, virtually on my doorstep. It turned out to be pretty impressive, wth banks perhaps six feet high and a well preserved ditch. Unfortunately I arrived quite late, so midwinter high speed dusk prevented me checking out the whole site, which is largely located in a small-ish but quite dense wood.

Of course I will be going back, but I wondered if anyone has any information on this site? Has anyone else been there? Can anyone at least confirm that I was not hallucinating?

Treeman

Reply | with quote
Posted by Treeman
1st January 2005ce
12:08

Messages in this topic: