The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Avebury & the Marlborough Downs Forum Start a topic | Search
Avebury & the Marlborough Downs
Re: Southern Puddingfest report (Pt 1)
63 messages
Select a forum:
Ohhh, yes... what a day! Bloody freezing, but the long walk soon sorted us out...

Cheers, Pete - yer a diamond geezer, and I know for a FACT that I'd not see 90% of the things around Avebury if it weren't for you! You're an asset (no - that's not a mis-spelling!) to that place... East Kennett Long Barrow is a sight to behold - it's massive! I had no idea! For some reason I thought it was one of these "not much left to see" jobbies. Another pleasant shock! And those ruined circles on the way to Wansdyke were quite sweet - sad but sweet... Nice to see, anyway, and I'll bet the views are AMAZING on a clear day! And as for Wansdyke itself - I didn't know what to expect there, but wow! What an enormous dyke! <insert joke here> I'm definitely gonna redo this walk in better weather... Cheers, Pete - can't wait for the next one! We did wonder where you'd got to! Sorry we didn't get to see you again...

Really nice to meet the new people - always a shock to me to find that you all really do exist outside my head. And always a pleasant shock too! Sorry I didn't know who any of you were - it's quite normal for me, I'm afraid... Matt & Charlie, Lynn, Elaine, Third Degree & Co (the 3 Johns!), Lythop (sorry - I had no idea it was you till the end of the day!)

What I really enjoyed was how more people seemed to appear at each site!

And as for the painting - you are spot on, Moth - made my heart flutter and brought me out in goosebumps! It's the first original "Tomlinson" I've seen in the flesh! I know Mrs G is made up with it as well - the look on her face is one I'll remember! It's a beaut, alright - could never imagine from the small pics on TMA just how fabulous it is... That's gonna take pride of place in t'living room, I tell thee. I apologise to everyone else in the whole world that hasn't got it. ;o) Them wee postcards are excellent too! They're gonna go down really well at work...

And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jimit!!! I forgot! Hope you have a lovely day, matey...

Hope Jamie's knee gets better in time for the post New Year Dorset Puddingfest!!! Any ideas welcome for that one, and all are welcome!

Love to you all
G xxx

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
13th December 2004ce
08:01

Messages in this topic: