The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Rollright Stones Forum Start a topic | Search
The Rollright Stones
Anyone dowsed the Rollrights?
11 messages
Select a forum:
Reading the huge thread from Wotans' dowsing topic reminded me of a strange phenomena at the Rollright stones. I found that, whilst dowsing the inside edge of the circle, the rods turn one way for half the circle, then reverse direction for the other half. One rod turns clockwise, the other anticlockwise, then halfway round they swap over. This is a very pronounced movement, I reckon each rod makes a complete revolution every six feet or so. I found that the line which bisects the circle, linking the two points of reversal, is roughly in line with the whispering Knights. The last time I did this would be over 10 years ago now, it will be interesting to try again and see if anything's changed. Anyone experienced anything similar, at the rollrights or elsewhere?

Reply | with quote
Posted by HopHead
8th December 2004ce
19:03

Messages in this topic: