The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Copt Howe Forum Start a topic | Search
Copt Howe
Hmmm....
101 messages
Select a forum:
Having been away for a cuppla days, I've just been catching up.

As I progressed through the point where people started 'having a go' at each other, it was plain how it happened. But I decided that I'd not bother commenting on how & when the 'bad blood' crept into the main topic and that I'd not get involved.

But I had to comment on this particular issue. When did you say that HA was inactive?

The simple answer is, it was in your post at http://www.themodernantiquaria[...]hread=20575&message=228463 where you said:

"Yes and if we really want to get real we could post prohibition notices from Heritage inAction. Case solved..."

Are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell us that wasn't sarcasm and therefore a dig at HA???!!!! And if you want a list of what HA has been Active on, just ask.

And your comment "I did think that the recent tale of woe about the chairman not wanting to meet EH was sad." Is either sadly misinformed or wilfully 'forgetful'.

The threads about that issue were left with Nigel asking people here and through HA to give an opinion on the pros and cons of his attendance on behalf of HA. He did not post on here what his final decision was.

As a matter of fact, based on a spirit of democracy that NOBODY had the right to expect of him, he decided to do as the majority asked and WENT to the meeting yesterday.

And incidentally, the snipe "Heritage inAction" and the phrase "tale of woe" are both JUST as calculated to get under peoples' skin as any abusive term – probably more so, just in a more insidious way.

Just one final point. As far as 'spitting dummies' is concerned, I seem to remember someone 'leaving' the board when the planning for the start of HA wasn't going his way. And I don't think it's the only time we've heard the metaphorical door slam from the same direction.

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
29th September 2004ce
19:41

In reply to:

Re: 'ERE! (Earthstepper)

1 reply:

Re: Hmmm.... (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: