The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Throckley Bank Top Forum Start a topic | Search
Throckley Bank Top
Re: Is this under threat?
13 messages
Select a forum:
Overly worried.

The dene is under the management of Newcastle City Council - a frightening prospect - but they'll be the last to know it's there. It's scary looking for the little old museum, on the university campus, at first and the stones there just elicit the response 'please set me free' when I see them.

I bumped into a former post-grad student volunteer from 'that place' yesterday. He was driving away from a visit to the Lighting Centre on Scotswood Rd. in a new Audi Passat. He pushed many wheelbarrows ...

Equinox at about 16:30 today. I have a piece of truly portable rock art but it is so broken and eroded - from a streambed - that it's become a what-is-it rock. (It has 'nostrils') I rang Ilkley, weeks back, but encountered a museum lady who was very short about the curator of the rock art exhibition and who put me off lending them anything at all. It's just about postable at 5 or 6 kgs.

Reply | with quote
StoneLifter
Posted by StoneLifter
22nd September 2004ce
07:28

In reply to:

Is this under threat? (Hob)

1 reply:

Re: Is this under threat? (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: