The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Twelve Apostles of Ilkley Moor Forum Start a topic | Search
The Twelve Apostles of Ilkley Moor
The Twelve Apostles of Ilkley Moor - Vandalism
4 messages
Select a forum:
Was up on Ilkley Moor at weekend to check these out along with Badger Stone. Noticed right away some "rearrangements". These take the form of a new central stone and at least one stone knocked over.

The stone which lies on the path and is held by two smaller stones at its base has been pushed over for sure. There is another stone which is third left of that one (when standing facing into the circle) which I am 99% sure has been pushed over as well (there appears to be a fresh piece of uncovered earth next to it where the base of the stone sat). This was a visit to friends in the area and now I am back in Scotland again. I didnt touch anything as I didnt have my copy of TMA handy to compare picture. Anyone local want to check this out?

WM

Reply | with quote
wee_malky
Posted by wee_malky
9th August 2004ce
20:58

Messages in this topic: