The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Creswell Crags Forum Start a topic | Search
Creswell Crags
Re: Creswell Crags.
35 messages
Select a forum:
At the end of the last tour I was on (I've been there three times now) I said "I have a complaint!". Everyone turned around and looked at me shocked, especially the guide. I laughed and then explained that the platform had been much higher in April and the whole experience had been much better. We had been a little too high, in my opinion, as some of our helmets could touch the ceiling. The guide said he was pleased to get the feedback and they will try and put the platform higher next time, but not as high as in April.

I pointed out an animal on the right-hand wall, before you get to the 'vulvas'; I'm not sure of them, either.

I went into Robin Hood's Cave again. Before we set out, I asked if Michelle was to be the guide, saying that I'd always been guided into it by her and would like to have a different viewpoint. They swapped for me! I was pleased, because the experience was different. The guide pointed out a 'possible arrowhead' engraving within R.H's Cave. I said I could see an eye and the nose and mouth of a boar-type animal. All agreed and the guide said he'd have to have a further examination of the markings.

They all know me there now. I'm the cheeky bugger who asks all the questions and points out things they're not aware of.

They say that they're looking to open up Church Hole Cave again next April. I think Yule/New Year's Time would be a good idea so they can see our affect on the environment during the winter months.

Baz

Reply | with quote
baza
Posted by baza
14th September 2004ce
09:17

In reply to:

Re: Creswell Crags. (stubob)

Messages in this topic: