The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Arbor Low Forum Start a topic | Search
Arbor Low
Re: What Is It??
82 messages
Select a forum:
Yeah. That's a good bit. I am more than certain that this cache will be detailed in the Stone Axe Project I mentioned earlier, which I will start reading next week.

The project details every recorded finding of an axe and all the known axe factories. I am very interested to see how 'landscape relevent' they go and how much they just be 'all accademic' about it.

Don't get me wrong on any of this. All these subjects that offer a few, limited, but consistant facts (and there are so many in this field) need speculation. Theories are a must, but none of them can be taken as being the definitive answer. Of course, if you get enough good theories then one of them is likely to be the right one, but we will not be able to say which one it is.

As Henry Ford said*, "I know half my advertising is pointless. Problem is no one can tell me which half."

* I think it was he.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
2nd July 2004ce
19:58

In reply to:

Re: What Is It?? (fitzcoraldo)

2 replies:

Ferriter's Cove (fitzcoraldo)
Re: What Is It?? (fitzcoraldo)

Messages in this topic: