The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Silbury Hill Forum Start a topic | Search
Silbury Hill
Re: Silbury Hill - Dr Brown from EH writes
55 messages
Select a forum:
Relax... sure Silbury is riddled with tunnels - the consequences of which are of great concern to us all. Sure EH is far from perfect in its management of the site. Sure there is room for more consultation between EH and those like you and me who know and love Silbury. Sure we could all do more but, actually, what did YOU do today or yesterday or the day before to conserve Silbury and promote interest in it and its continued preservation? Bang on about EH if you will but try sitting at a desk juggling papers through all the relevant departments before you can get an ounce of sense from anyone anywhere. Try sitting there before you can act - before you can even do anything at all which makes any practical sense. As for Silbury being or not being the largest man-made structue in Europe - who gives a f*ck if it is or is not - I sure don't. Take a walk on the wild side ladies and gentlemen. Go out as far as you can and see if you can still see Silbury - at dusk and dawn, through summer mists and winter rain. Then come back and tell me whether its size matters!

Reply | with quote
Littlestone
Posted by Littlestone
23rd April 2004ce
22:02

Messages in this topic: