The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Finders keepers
39 messages
Select a forum:
Very true, it could well have been built by foreigners, i'm sure Copey makes a similar point in " the Modern Antiquarian", when he says something along the lines of , it could well have been a bronze age power point in that visiting tribes may have seen Avebury and thought " HAH, we'll show the yokels how to build a proper meeting place", and this could again be true, who knows?, I dont. But one thing i am certain of , is that it has been built here in Britain, and whoever built it , had their own reasons. I'd LOVE to invent a time machine, and go back in time , to visit the guy who had the idea in the first place. I'd see what previous ideaologies brought about the particular way of life that was around at that time. I promise that when my machine is built anyone can have a go , providing they pay me a LOT of money..... heh heh heh ... ... < rubs hands together as eyes glaze over >

Reply | with quote
Posted by ToxicDelerium
8th March 2004ce
16:57

In reply to:

Re: Finders keepers (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: