The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: Finders keepers
39 messages
Select a forum:
I think that Stonehenge can only be called one definate thing. An ancient site, built by people like you and I, without the comforts that we take for granted, and here on the British Isles. An ancient british site, built over many phases, and eons. Regardless of speculation and conjecture, the only real facts that we know about Stonehenge FOR CERTAIN , is that it is indeed ancient, and that it is here in the land of our birth. It may not even be a monument in the true sense, as it was probably built as a working site, to be used as and when required, by those people who lived in our homes before we did. Scholars can argue till the place falls to dust, but we will never know, as we did not plan the building of the thing, did not worry about keeping our families safe whilst doing so, and do not understand the neccessity that brought such plans into action. I really wish i knew, but i dont . I only know for certain that it is very old, and here.Everything else is opinion.

Reply | with quote
Posted by ToxicDelerium
8th March 2004ce
11:53

In reply to:

Finders keepers (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Finders keepers (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: