The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Stonehenge and its Environs Forum Start a topic | Search
Stonehenge and its Environs
Re: New Druid burial site?
39 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Scousemaiden.... I understand and agree with your point's and intend no disrespect to anyone. As I said, I've now't against anyone believing or practising whatever they like... much the opposite. I just can't see how anyone in the 21st century can claim to be a druid. But saying that, 4W's point about Christianity being so far removed from it's origins is a good one.

I've observed 'druidic' ceremonies at Stonehenge and Rollo Mauphlin's sermons (for want of a better term) at the Equinoxes. As much as I sympathise with the intentions behind it all, I found it a little strange that people needed to label themselves 'Druids' to express their beliefs... just as I find it strange that people need to label themselves Christians etc. Probably just my take on religion... to me belief is a deeply personal thing n' not something I feel the need to express through joining a gang or labeling as X, Y or Z. Everyone to their own I guess.

Reply | with quote
Kozmik_Ken
Posted by Kozmik_Ken
8th March 2004ce
11:26

In reply to:

Re: New Druid burial site? (scousemaiden)

Messages in this topic: