The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Sea Henge Forum Start a topic | Search
Sea Henge
Re: Sea burial
76 messages | Lock Topic
Select a forum:
Littlestone wrote:
Thread subversion is not a problem it was the gratuitous use of moron...

I’m sure StoneGloves can speak for himself, but if I remember correctly he’s already qualified his use of the word ‘moron’?

Meanwhile the artistic merits/endurance of people like Andy Goldsworthy remain in the balance. Personal likes and dislikes aside, if he’s still remembered fifty years hence he’ll certainly have achieved a degree of notoriety if not respectability...

Time will tell.

Yes he realised it was wrong to use it , which was the whole point , No one had mentioned anything about Goldsworthy's merits ,endurance or otherwise ,which are immaterial . Once again fwiw ,as it is unimportant what we think about it , I don't believe Goldsworthy will have the noteriety of the Hirsts , and Emins and other conceptual artists but it is only contemporary art , it's pop culture , if it still has the impact 50 years hence as the Chuck Berry has managed to do , great , but it's not be expected .

Reply | with quote
tiompan
Posted by tiompan
28th January 2011ce
20:05

In reply to:

Re: Sea burial (Littlestone)

1 reply:

Re: Sea burial (StoneGloves)

Messages in this topic: