The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Sea Henge Forum Start a topic | Search
Sea Henge
Re: Sea burial
76 messages | Lock Topic
Select a forum:
Goldsworthy couldn't build a copy of one of the houses at Skara Brae because he's not a skilled drystone waller - he's a garden waller. If you look at his sheepfold video you can see him in action - it's appalling. I am embittered as I was the original sheepfold as sculpture person - and he simply nicked it. I did offer to teach him walling - there was no reply. Most of his rearranging nature, as art, is nicked from Japanese artists - allegedly - and what is more sad is that he has used copyright law against imitators to protect his work. Moron is probably an incorrect term, as his intellect is developed well beyond a 10 - 12 year old, and I should perhaps have used the word 'nitwit'. At least his stonework won't last, as it's all wrong. I see the general enthusiasm for his work as yet another sign of there being 'no hope for the human race'. Check out Rembrandt or Gaugin, Hepworth, Rie - he doesn't reach their ankles...

Reply | with quote
StoneGloves
Posted by StoneGloves
27th January 2011ce
09:00

In reply to:

Re: Sea burial (tiompan)

4 replies:

Re: Sea burial (tjj)