The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Orkney Forum Start a topic | Search
Orkney
Re: Brodgar & Stenness
17 messages
Select a forum:
>Having been to all them places barring Orkney (til June anyway!) I have to agree ye've got yer work cut out >there!!! (Not to mention yer wallet....)

It will cost, but I can justify it by thinking 'what do people pay to see Florida?' I'll bet my trip'll cost half that, and what price can you put on watching the summer sun set over the Ring Of Brodgar, and me & Summer Garland drinking JD and eating breadsticks . . (don't ask, it's a bit of a tradition;).
But yea, I don't expect it to be cheap.
BTW - I read about your visit to Callanish, Moth. I found it very interesting. Sometimes we plan these 'pilgrimages' (for want of a better word) until the the visit becomes much more than the sum of its parts. In other words, anything less than a gargantuan life changing cosmic 'gob-smack' is a disappointment once we reach the site. It then takes time get 'get tuned in' (do I hear the New Age alarm bell sounding here?).
Anyway, I'm conscious of this 'appreciation curve' at long yearned for sites, it's happened to me before and you put it very eloquently in your log.

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
20th February 2004ce
18:04

In reply to:

Re: Brodgar & Stenness (Moth)

Messages in this topic: