The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Boscawen-Un Forum Start a topic | Search
Boscawen-Un
Re: Hey Goffik
17 messages
Select a forum:
I've wanted to go back ever since my first visit, actually, so it'll be the perfect excuse!

At the time of our visit, we were new to this exploration thing, and only had a crappy touring map, and stopped off to find this "stone circle" off the A30, which I later discovered was Boskawen-Un. I had no idea there were any other stones around, so I will suggest a visit to the area so I can see them.

I'm sure there were 2 of these smaller circles, which didn't really look like what I now recognise as hut circles. I don't know - memory's a funny thing - my head's probably making most of it up!

If it is a feature, it's strange not to be marked seeing as there's other bits so close that ARE marked. We did wonder if it was just someone making a recent addition to the area with loose stones, but looking at the pics again, it looks like the plant-life has been growing around it for a while... we shall see!

Hope you find it!

G
x

Reply | with quote
goffik
Posted by goffik
24th January 2004ce
11:09

In reply to:

Re: Hey Goffik (Moth)

Messages in this topic: