The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Perhaps it's just me...?
183 messages
Select a forum:
"I still think that there is merit in individuals keeping watch on their patch - much as Blue Gloves does. Then the "group" could give appropriate assistance and support when needed."

Totally agree with that.
In fact I agree that we're essentially agreed, as it's essential we are.

I had a thought, if we do go for Silbury, a Thornborough style online petition would be a good thing to run, eg. something along the lines...

Silbury Hill, a World Heritage monument, Europe's largest Stone Age mound and one of Britain's most
treasured places suffered a major collapse in May 2000 and further ones since then.

We, the undersigned, demand that it's statutorily appointed guardians, English Heritage, break their silence about the reasons for the delay and share with the public what is known and what is planned.

In particular:

WHY so long?
What were the findings of the latest surveys?
Is further collapse possible?
Are further surveys needed?
Are the temporary measures effective?
What is now planned?
How much longer before a solution is achieved?
And why and by what right is a concerned worldwide public being kept totally in the dark about this precious part
of our shared heritage?

This topic is locked
nigelswift
Posted by nigelswift
13th November 2003ce
09:15

In reply to:

Re: Perhaps it's just me...? (Earthstepper)

Messages in this topic: