The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Ha !
183 messages
Select a forum:
My Blackstone has two tw*ts carved on the top. One became chipped off, probably as it was bundled into the fieldwall, maybe three hundred years ago. The alternative name for this Blackstone is the twatstone. It makes modern confrontational art seem like nappy smears.

I heard on the radio yesterday that if someone dies in the Houses of Parliament then they are always judged to have died on the way to hospital. To admit to a death in the house would invoke the need for the Queen to sit as coroner and to pronounce on the death. Nobody wants to put her to the, very occasional, bother.

In the same way academics of several 'disciplines' are going to pretend that this stone does not exist. I can just see it coming ! I wouldn't mind re-doing the black patina where it's been scraped away. I'll look for a lump of coal to grind up ! That will 'put the cat among the pigeons'.

This topic is locked
BlueGloves
Posted by BlueGloves
6th November 2003ce
18:43

In reply to:

HA! (Hob)

Messages in this topic: