The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Thornborough Henges Forum Start a topic | Search
47 messages
Select a forum:
This is one of those things where I have deliberately not got my head round it. Mainly cos I still see it as a bit wooly, and there are far more interesting archaeological things to get my head round.

I believe the cursus is 3500BC and that orion sets over it's western terminus during the winter solstice at that time.

This is the real evidence of a link with Orion, and the bit that potentially give credibility to the henges - orions belt idea.

I did notice that their was a bit of "fluff" in the programme with regards to the entrance alignments ans orion, I personally don't like this notion, since the entrances do not form and alignment.

A very interesting thought has just crossed my mind.

Have you read my bit on the pit alignments? Three Pits? each of them potentially going to each of the henges? they cross over - could this have had a relationship with the henge construction - the cross over creating the mirror image effect?

Reply | with quote
Posted by BrigantesNation
5th November 2003ce
14:58

In reply to:

Re: TV Show (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: TV Show (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: