The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: sense of self
173 messages
Select a forum:
"I guess that the cult of the human dead fits in with this, too. So many monuments are funerary - perhaps we only started to pay these respects to the dead after we began to think of us as a *we*, an *I*."

Right on! But you know what? I'm not convinced that it's only humans that have a sense of identity, I've seen some pretty louche cats that have a kind of swagger that gets the back up of the other moggies ;-)

Ah, territory, is the cry! But to define a territory, one first has to be aware of needing to. Isn't that a primitive ego? As everything in life evolves, i cannot for the life of me imagine a 'point' in history when all of a sudden someone was born and said "I am!" It doesn't fit, I'm sure the ego-self develops and changes just the same as everything else. SLOWLY!

Reply | with quote
morfe
Posted by morfe
26th September 2003ce
00:12

In reply to:

sense of self (TomBo)

1 reply:

Re: sense of self (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: