The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: In defence of science
173 messages
Select a forum:
Steve, I think maybe you've got me wrong (it's not diffficult!)

I actually love scientific enquiry,and my point about science 'becoming' nature was a positive point, and we share the same 'anti-closed mind' sentiments I think. Science is an incredible creative process, not just there to 'explain away', 'cos labelling things can negate them, and forget that we are in a cosmic flux at grass roots, and the participatory role of experiment and observation is a process that causes change also. Something reductionist science and especially biologists has/have largely failed to address.

In short I'm for discovering more, not less, but I can't honestly see how far science can expect to go if it doesn't begin to apply Goethean-strength observation regarding cause and effect, and the most important of any consideration, before application, is to ask "then what?" at least 20 times.

I feel the urgent need for quantitive, analytical science to work with the science of wholeness (as per Goethe) both being true, and both being non-comprehensive on their own. In adopting this approach we can come to know and understand more inclusively. The whole not being the sum of it's parts etc.

The will to power is the essence of nihilism, someone once said. It's true!

Reply | with quote
morfe
Posted by morfe
26th September 2003ce
00:03

In reply to:

In defence of science (Steve Gray)

1 reply:

Re: In defence of science (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: