The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Trainspotting
173 messages
Select a forum:
Ah ... that's better! And a much calmer answer than the one I penned and binned :-)

I must admit that I did feel a certain ... erm ... revulsion is about the only word I can think of ... to the text. I know it's written from the heart and is in response to several things that have been said in various threads over time, but I did think there was a lot of 'Pot' & 'Kettle' about it. Not Tombo being the 'Pot', but 'a New Ager' being the pot.

I personally find a great many spiritual types to be the most closed minded people I know. Any criticism of theories, any simple explanation to a mystery and they jump up and down stamping their feet. This, I think, is why I have lowered myself to doing the same over the years, thinking it was maybe the only way to get through to some of them. I was wrong.

I have been trying for some time now not to throw my teddy out of my pram and I've been doing fairly well, with just a few minor tantrums of late.

Everything has a cause and everything has an effect. We know a lot of effects and a few of the causes. I believe we will find all the causes eventually. Whether removing all the mystery is a good thing is a totally different thread.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
24th September 2003ce
19:42

In reply to:

Trainspotting (baza)

2 replies:

Re: Trainspotting (Steve Gray)
Atom Heart Motherfucker (morfe)

Messages in this topic: