The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
good resource link
173 messages
Select a forum:
http://literature.cbel.com/art_movements/

I just remembered that program about the Nazca lines in Peru. Is it commonly thought now that the lines were pathways?

I wonder how artists were viewed by the ancients?

Think they said "bah, eez a pretentious facker, eez upizzown arse ee iz" and carried on deocrating their caves with MDF chewed by caribou and glued by megatherium spunk. I know I know!!

When are we ever going to get out of our 'caveman' 'ugh' perception of humanity? I can't believe that there was ever a time when a human 'stood' somewhere and said for the first time: "wow look at that rock/bear" it must be a god! Evolution and development is so subtle, like lichen growing, it looks the same every day for 100's of years, I can only imagine human consciousness to be the same until we reached industrialization and it rocketed us up the arse. I agree we are still essentially paleolithic in a modern world. More correctly I would say we are still human in a mechanised world.

Reply | with quote
morfe
Posted by morfe
24th September 2003ce
16:54

In reply to:

Re: you don't have to! (morfe)

Messages in this topic: