The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: What is dowsing?
173 messages
Select a forum:
No. I resort to abuse when people try to quote me, actually misquote me and misrepresent what I said, getting it totally wrong just to try and score a cheap point. If you don't understand the effect of pools of water or of running water or of underground structures on the Earth's magnetic field and how these effects can be scientifically detected and measured then admit it. I have never said dowsing is shite and doesn't work. I have said that *some* dowsing is shite and phoney and that some dowsers are charlatans. I have said that dowsing and geophys confirm each other. I have said that I think fluctuations in the Earth's magnetic field seems a very likely reason why some dowsing works. I can say this because I have seen geophys and dowsing produce the same results. I have said that I'm sick of dowsers pretending they've got something special going on when they haven't. In effect these dowsers are illusionists. Taking an explainable phenomenon and hiding it behind a smokescreen so that others aren't allowed to know the secret. Well, it ain't a secret.

Some forms of dowsing I can't explain, but then I've never seen these forms accurately reproduced giving reliable results, so I'm not sure they even exist. A lot of them seem to be claims that can't be backed up.

You chose not to reason against what I said but come out with a petty remark that was aimed to make what I have been saying oversimplistic and therefor make it sound crappy and the thoughts of a child. If those are you tactics then you deserve nothing better than what you get.

As for failing to convince? Well, some people aren't worth convincing. Some people don't want to be convinced. Some people can't understand what someone's trying to convince them of. Some people are willing to listen, then reason and then conclude (one way or the other).

I can deal with the last catagory. The others are a waste of space in my little world. I get pissed off when people rave on and clearly do not know both sides of the subject. They have their little side and they don't want to know about the other. I have spent quite a lot of time dealing with various methods of geophys and they're all bascially advanced dowsing, but using more sensitive and more reliable equipment than the human body.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
23rd September 2003ce
17:58

In reply to:

Re: What is dowsing? (Earthstepper)

Messages in this topic: