The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Bellflask Stone Row Forum Start a topic | Search
Bellflask Stone Row
Re: A comment from ...
9 messages
Select a forum:
I'll retrieve the deerstalker hat from my dad and have a look around the Devil's Arrows sometime in the winter. I should be able to find the bit that became a bridge at least. Wasn't there five stones originally ? There's often a spur shoots from a stone row off about thirty degrees - a secondary alignment. I doubt anyone's looked for that there. It used to be called Ley-hunting !

I have been formally trained in remote sensing and don't mind if you send me aerial images of the area. My postal address is in the petition. The geometrical link between the three henges and Orion's Belt is fascinating. At Kirkhaugh there are three curricks on the horizon and it's tempting to suggest that these marked the setting point - at a certain time of the year - of that constellation.

I'm going to try and get good measurements of the directions of the stone rows in Smithills - my dad's borrowed a decent compass, I think.

Reply | with quote
BlueGloves
Posted by BlueGloves
10th September 2003ce
15:27

In reply to:

Re: A comment from ... (BrigantesNation)

Messages in this topic: