The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: AE1: Curses and Gnashing of teeth
70 messages
Select a forum:
I wouldn't let the lens thing put you off, although I DID buy a cheap (89 quid) Sigma 100-300 which is as blurred as a bluury thing, so know from experience that it doesn't pay to skimp on lenses. If you like your lenses and camera, why not invest in a neg scanner? If anyone asked me what to do I'd say buy a D30 (used) or a new 10D and a fixed prime lens, I payed 80 quid for a Canon 50 mm and use it more than anything, it's super sharp, and encourages discipline! Wide angle with a D60/10D is a trade off though, as there is a magnification factor, which decreases the coverage of wide angle, but increases telephoto. I just stitch frames for panoramas, and there's no barrel distortion.

email me at morfe.com if you have any questions as I'm conscious of cluttering people's space here :-)

click and roll!

Reply | with quote
Posted by morfe lux
6th September 2003ce
16:23

Messages in this topic: