The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Ysbyty Cynfyn Forum Start a topic | Search
Ysbyty Cynfyn
Re: Moth i Cymru
7 messages
Select a forum:
Thanks for the kind words Kammer. Some of the scans could be better & some of the photos could too!! I've tried to only post the dodgy ones for sites that are under-represented.

I've nearly finished with the scanner though the owner says I can borrow it anytime. I hope to get my own before too long & may re-do some of the ones I've posted if I can get them any better.

On the 'nocturnal thing', I only go out in the day if I'm taking photos!!!! BTW, I don't suppose I'm alone in missing you 'round here - not for your sense of humour though...! :^)

I <I>don't think</I> Wigglybitty Sinbin is a circle either. The big stone's in its original position I'd have thought, and the stones (for the gateposts in particular?) may come from summat genuinely megalithic, but beyond that...could be owt.

But then the sheer size of the big 'un's a bit of an anomaly for the area isn't it? As you say, very perplexing - but kinda all the more interesting for it!

I certainly reckon the 'mega' style stones have been added for effect/mystique reasons - maybe still as a christianisation thang though....

And incidentally, I very much like your neck of the woods. Been a while since I was over that way.

I think the coastal/hills area from around Barmouth up past Harlech to Porthmadog is my fave area in Wales so far. Need to get down to the Lleyn peninsula sometime & to spend some time up around the north coast....

Get less busy soon so you can come & talk bollocks with us!!!!

love

Moth

Reply | with quote
Moth
Posted by Moth
3rd September 2003ce
15:46

In reply to:

Moth i Cymru (Kammer)

2 replies:

Re: Moth i Cymru (Jane)
Re: Moth i Cymru (Kammer)