The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   East Kennett Forum Start a topic | Search
East Kennett
East Kennett long barrow
12 messages
Select a forum:
Moth, that was interesting to read about your walk up to the EK longbarrow - and see your fascinating photo of Silbury with West Kennett in front, really unusual angle. Though you were a naughty moth weren't you, going up there without asking - you might have ended up with a load of lead pellets in your wings.

I think its really nice to think that East Kennett is untouched - especially as it's supposed to be the largest long barrow in Britain. When you think of what West Kennett looks like (very interesting admittedly, and I have enjoyed my visits there - but essentially Neat, Reconstructed, full of bloody tealights and decaying wildflowers, and with skylights) - I really quite like the way EK has survived untouched. God knows how. I suppose they'll excavate it one day, but in a way I hope they don't, and leave the poor dead people in there alone!

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
6th August 2003ce
11:35

Messages in this topic: