The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Polisher Forum Start a topic | Search
The Polisher
Re: Secrecy and safety - opinions?
40 messages
Select a forum:
You looked it up on here and saw how crap the instructions were but then travelled all that way anyway? Honestly, the fieldnotes and photos do make it very clear (I worry too clear). I'd be pissed off too if I'd come all that way and barely found it, and I'm sorry you wore yourself out - but don't blame the information on here for your disappointment because there's plenty, surely you have to admit that now you look at the photos (did you print them off and take them with you?)

People were visiting it before all these photos were posted on the internet you know.. and they didn't have 20 figure grid references. And you know TMA hasn't got a legal obligation to provide the public with reliable information??!

Sorry for being grumpy, but not all sites are as signposted as others and surely it's better that way? Most sites on tma have no instructions about getting to them at all.. isn't part of the fun in actually finding them yourself?

Reply | with quote
Rhiannon
Posted by Rhiannon
26th June 2008ce
07:49

In reply to:

Re: Secrecy and safety - opinions? (megadread)

Messages in this topic: