The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Northumberland Forum Start a topic | Search
Northumberland
Re: Northumberland
68 messages
Select a forum:
I found a cupmarked stone last week but it's three measly marks and it's beneath a wall (at 2200 feet).

The correct coordinates for the Hexham circle are posted. It's between the confluence of the rivers and there's a footpath from the roadside at Warden. I'm a little more interested in the circle at Langley but there is also a stone named the Homer Lane Cupmarked rock, not far away (from the SMR).

Ring ouzel's easy as their territorial cry is a single clear tone probably best described as 'plangent'. Nobody seems to try to talk to birds.

Did I say I've watched (from a mile and a half) a huge megalithic cairn get fed through a stone crusher ? I'm hoping that if I find the right words, and get them published, this new shooting owner - the White Sultan - who is worth £330m., will put it back. It was one of the Three Pikes, Knarsdale.

I've a friend on a years sabbattical in Barcelona.

( ! )

Reply | with quote
BlueGloves
Posted by BlueGloves
22nd July 2003ce
07:30

In reply to:

Re: Northumberland (pebblesfromheaven)

2 replies:

Re: Northumberland (goffik)
Re: Northumberland (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: