The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   The Ridgeway Forum Start a topic | Search
The Ridgeway
Re: 4x4s
31 messages
Select a forum:
I don't have bull bars - I've never seen a kangaroo on or off the road in Scotland! I can see your point when they're used mainly to take the kids on the school run or to go to the supermarket in, and frankly I can't see much rationale for having one in the plains of Albion! But an awful lot of the places I use mine are on roads ordinary cars struggle on, and you have to take the weather up here into account. It's not a national disaster if we have a couple of inches of snow. Up here it's just called winter, and a couple of inches of snow is regarded as a light frost... Horses for courses. I would never consider taking it somewhere like the Ridgeway, that's a walking track as far as I can see. Blanket condemnation of what is in these areas a valid form of transport sticks in my craw. Why should someone track up the hill paths on a bloody mountain bike? Couldn't they build a little place for them like the skateboard rinks? (only kidding BigSweetie!)

Reply | with quote
nickbrand
Posted by nickbrand
10th July 2003ce
19:52

In reply to:

4x4s (Moth)

1 reply:

Doh!! (Moth)

Messages in this topic: