The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Fortingall Forum Start a topic | Search
Fortingall
Re: Scots Megaraks, Mr McGrail, anyone?
20 messages
Select a forum:
Moth, it looks a bit like the small cairn known locally as "Pontius Pilate's Grave", which is adjacent to the Fortingall Standing Stone. I'd agree with your comments some of the groupings in this area and others, Holy has helped me sort out a couple of glaring errors (including a non-native naming an area the 'Earn Valley'.... instead of checking the map where it's quite clearly marked Strathearn). Local knowledge does help a bit! Machuim was originally included in the Fortingall grouping despite being several miles away. Holy can only act on information received, and it's up to those of us who know the area to request he make changes - and he has been very prompt and obliging so far. The immediate Fortingall area does include a number of sites, and I have no problem with a generic heading when several sites are in the same locale - I have included 4 sites together at Meikle Kenny, for example - they're all within a 200m radius so I think they belong together.

Reply | with quote
nickbrand
Posted by nickbrand
8th July 2003ce
07:18

Messages in this topic: