The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Yet Again I eat my words...
204 messages
Select a forum:
I'm just plain & simple wrong! Not sure why the hell I thought it but I'm giving Milton more credit than he deserves (I should point out at this stage that I do have a lot of respect for Milton, despite his Christianity). I'd like to quote an anonymous person now who knows the Bible far better than I do:

"The fall of Lucifer (the morning star) is indeed explicitly described in the bible. It is implied in Chronicles, Job, Zechariah, and once (arguably) in Psalm 109. But Isaiah is very explicit about the whole thing.

'How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation...'

...It's really chapter 14 that covers the whole thing... but you might want to read 12 through 17 to get the full context."

So there you go, FourWinds - we're saved from having to study the Bible!

PS - had a top weekend thanks!

Reply | with quote
TomBo
Posted by TomBo
30th June 2003ce
16:42

In reply to:

Re: I eat my words... (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: