The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
I eat my words...
204 messages
Select a forum:
You're quite right, I'm talking crap (not sure why). The fall surely is in the Bible. The dangers of flippant asides and a faulty memory! I'm sure I'd read what I said somewhere, but am beginning to wonder because I now can't find a single quotation to support what I'm saying! I have a feeling that what I was trying to say was that the "fall of man" is certainly in the Bible but the "fall of Satan" from angel to devil is derived entirely from Milton. I could be wrong, though - I can't be bothered trawling through the Bible & Paradise Lost to find out right now!.

One thing's for sure, and that's that I strongly agree with these wise words (from an anonymous author):

"i really don't want to get into an argument about interpretations of biblical texts (down that road lies schisms, bloodshed and centuries of violence between our families... and frankly; who needs that ;-)"

Reply | with quote
TomBo
Posted by TomBo
30th June 2003ce
14:54

In reply to:

Re: it took up several beermats! (FourWinds)

1 reply:

Re: I eat my words... (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: