The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: The world without war?
204 messages
Select a forum:
I think you're pretty much right, but according to a few things I've read and seen, there was a v early settlement in South America that they've just found - it's older than Ur but I cannot remember wur it is - and in this settlement there is no evidence of war or defence. It has no defensive structures, no archeology of conflict (love that phrase) and it was around for over two thousand years. The people even built and maintained a big fire so all the travellers could see them and come in. Seems as if they spent their time making fishing nets in exchange for fish, and beads in exchange for magic herbs. They were too chilled to invent and evolve - no wheel, no pottery, and it would appear eventually they all drifted away into more advanced places along the coast.So it's nice to know it did happen, for a while, even if it's not there any more.
I'll find you some proper info on this fairy story, when I can. Take it on trust today :)

Reply | with quote
Joanna
Posted by Joanna
30th June 2003ce
14:24

In reply to:

The world without war? (FourWinds)

Messages in this topic: