The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Spirit of Place
204 messages
Select a forum:
Grandpa Morfe is from Bredon! I have to scatter his ashes up there when he passes onwards and upwards :-( In fact that was one of the last times I went there, for him to show me 'his' places from boyhood. It puts a lump in my throat, and Bredon puts a lump in my pants, what a place! There IS no finer place to spend a lazy late July day basking in the buzzing non-clamouring-glamour of the Shire? maybe these places are so simply a connection with ourancesrtal urges, the lookouts, the surveying of weather, change, good or bad, the power of a rise in the land, the changing vegetation, the gnarled ancient dwarfed hawthorns that seem to live forever up there, yet rot and die in the Avon valley. Hills are for dreamers and schemers, hills are the visible signs of Mother Earth's birthing process? Changeable over millenia, imperceptibly, yet in the human lifespan, always there, always the same? That's a sanctuary in itself?

Reply | with quote
morfe
Posted by morfe
29th June 2003ce
20:35

In reply to:

Re: Spirit of Place (nigelswift)

1 reply:

Re: Spirit of Place (nigelswift)

Messages in this topic: