The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
The world without war?
204 messages
Select a forum:
"Is it any wonder that we cannot remember a time when this world was not at war"

Don't tell me you're one of these pathetic romantics that truly beileve there was a time and place when there was not war and we all lived happily?

Holy fuck! What complete bollocks that is. This is why I speak out so strongly against the 'one happy world under one happy mother goddess' crowd. I do agree that things certainly got a lot worse with the discovery of metal, and that there may have been times of stasis when certain localised groups lived in relative peace, but to think that the world was ever a time when it was not at war? This is what I hate about religion and any talk of "my spirituality being better than yours, so nyer"

It's all crap that divides and tears people apart, feeding the people who desire power and control. People that get their power by alienating others, mainly through race and religion.

There I've said it. 'Their' religion, 'your' spirituality is what allows the evil of mankind to have an excuse. All done in the name of God or whatever.

I've had several emails about this thread from people who don't want to comment on it for precisely this reason. Because they know it will lead to division, they have made an off thread comment and not got involved.

Reply | with quote
FourWinds
Posted by FourWinds
29th June 2003ce
20:00

In reply to:

Re: Footnote (Shestu)

Messages in this topic: