The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Spirit of Place
204 messages
Select a forum:
This has been a quite wonderful thread. And yes a PhD could come from it all!

But I agree with much of what's been said. And I like the notion of some kind of aesthetic resonance whether this is converted (no pun intended) into some kind of a spirtual experience or not.

I cannot think of one prehistoric site that I've visited that doesn't connect with the landscape in some way or at least have wonderful (magical?) environs. Wayland Smithy is fantastic and I experienced a wonderful peace there without anyone elses vibes being there.

Some of the Worcestershire countryside is wonderful, but Shropshire also has a magic all of its own.

One thing I do find is that I have a growing yearning and need to be in touch with nature/landscape/seasons/sky/water/earth as much as possible. I can't stop staring at it and wanting to experience it - be one with it. It is some kind of primeavil calling I guess and the only thing that keeps me sane in this increasingly mad world.

Reply | with quote
Posted by wychburyman
28th June 2003ce
23:31

In reply to:

Spirit of Place (Shestu)

1 reply:

Re: Spirit of Place (Shestu)

Messages in this topic: