The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Castlerigg Forum Start a topic | Search
Castlerigg
Re: Calling Fitz and Pebbles....
9 messages
Select a forum:
Hi Chris
I was a few minutes late for the actual timing but I spoke to a few people there and the impression I got was:
Saturday morning there had been about 200 people and there was a procession (this info from someone who looked like he'd made the most of all on offer)
Saturday night had seen a good number of people but the wet weather drove some away just after midnight.
When I got there (about 4.45am) I had just missed a good downpour and it was dry but there were some amazing rolls of thunder to the north, which started just after a guy started playing some sort of african guitar thing (ooo spooky!) it was all very atmospheric.
I'd missed the sun and the crowds on Saturday, the Sunday morning was still a good feeling but the sun was hiding.
I asked about where the sun had risen on Saturday and the worst-for-wear guy pointed towards one of the trees in the east, and I lined it up, referring to your diagram, to approx Great Mell Fell.
The moon was visible and it certainly tallied, but he was perhaps a bit unreliable... ??

.o0O0o.

Reply | with quote
pebblesfromheaven
Posted by pebblesfromheaven
25th June 2003ce
10:51

In reply to:

Calling Fitz and Pebbles.... (Chris Collyer)

1 reply:

Re: numbers (pebblesfromheaven)

Messages in this topic: