The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Beckhampton Avenue Forum Start a topic | Search
Beckhampton Avenue
Re: Beckhampton avenue - serpent's tail or tal...
18 messages
Select a forum:
>there's plenty of stones still down there - couple of years ago they detected an entire buried arc >of stones in the NW quadrant. i want to see those stones - and all the others - is this not our >heritage?

I've been after a plan of this for ages, I'd love to know exactly which stones they found. Pete? Any idea?

They said they were going to do some 3D type of thing in the visitor's Center too, I don't think they have.
They should re-erect as many as they can. I would LOVE to help in some way, get on the end of a rope (although I'm sure it'd be all mechanical), but that'd be a dream for me. To have helped, in whatever small way, to re-erect an Avebury Stone.
I wish there was a plan to re-erect the Arbor Low Stones too. If ever a circle needed it this one does.

Reply | with quote
suave harv
Posted by suave harv
7th January 2006ce
16:00

Messages in this topic: