The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Uffington White Horse Forum Start a topic | Search
Uffington White Horse
Suitable Scoff
31 messages
Select a forum:
Oh dear - you lot need a little instruction from the Scottish Megaraks on appropriate foodstuffs for alfresco dining. Perhaps you could wimpify the menu a bit due to your soft southern climate, but... crisps and penguins... Oh no!

The soup/sandwich/all the rest of the starter stuff is easy to arrange, but I don't see much in the way of PUDDINGS! Puddings are the whole point of a megarak day out, otherwise it's quite pointless. They are considered such an important part of the day out in Scotland that we have our own Pudding Mistress, and a couple of assistants...

http://www.brand-dd.com/stones/megarak/megaraks.html

can give you a few hints....

Seriously, have a good day out and I hope the weather is fine. If any of you are planning a jaunt to the northern climes drop me a line and we'll see if we can't arrange a megalithic meet up here.

Reply | with quote
nickbrand
Posted by nickbrand
20th May 2003ce
14:39

In reply to:

monster munch (neighbourofthedrude)

1 reply:

Re: Suitable Scoff (Jane)

Messages in this topic: