The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Not a lot
7 messages
Select a forum:
It's not good news I'm afraid...<BLOCKQUOTE>...I think it might be a rare type of site called 'flood prevention bank and old knackered field banks which have been driven over by the farmer.' This is nothing ancient. It lies neatly between the present day course of the river and the country road. The bank is well preserved on the river side, with no erosion or anything. It's clearly there to stop the field flooding. That on the other side of the field crossing to the road is just a field boundary which has seen better days. Not a fort! The air photo shows several topographical lumps and bumps which show the river has run along several different courses before finding its present line.</BLOCKQUOTE>So there you have it. You'll have to excuse his blunt approach (I kind'a like it). Of course this is just an opinion, and it mightn't be right.

Cheers,

Kammer x

Reply | with quote
Kammer
Posted by Kammer
6th May 2003ce
16:35

In reply to:

Re: What does one think? (Kammer)

1 reply:

Re: Not a lot (BrigantesNation)

Messages in this topic: