The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   Macduff's Cross Forum Start a topic | Search
Macduff's Cross
Make your own path rights
24 messages
Select a forum:
and as you were posting this message I was deep undercover in enemy territory. Taking photographs of a 40 metre wide by eight or nine high, probably Neolithic, burial cairn. It's nearly all gone now - for roadstone - but I got the pictures. I wasn't spotted until nearly threequarters the way back to basecamp, at around eleven.

Got threatened by four burly keepers this afternoon. "Just go on and beat me up". But they didn't and I got the camera and film home. Write something for Private Eye now and bother the sad - absolutely pathetic - English Nature and County Archaeology offices. The keepers will let my guy ropes down and my tents will be full of water when I get back. Let's hope that's all it is.

As I sat taking a rest at the top of a steep moorland hill, yesterday, an old male buzzard came and hovered above me and we keened to each other. He had a gap in the feathers of one wing where he'd taken a shot from a keeper's gun. The large birds of prey are more true than most people I know.

Sorry about that - tell me it's not so ...

Reply | with quote
AtomicMutton
Posted by AtomicMutton
16th June 2003ce
20:17

In reply to:

Re: path rights (pebblesfromheaven)

Messages in this topic: