The Modern Antiquarian. Stone Circles, Ancient Sites, Neolithic Monuments, Ancient Monuments, Prehistoric Sites, Megalithic MysteriesThe Modern Antiquarian

Head To Head   The Modern Antiquarian   General Discussion Forum Start a topic | Search
The Modern Antiquarian
Re: Aubrey Burl RIP
23 messages
Select a forum:
Thank you for that Moss, have listened to it all the way though. Michael Bott and Rupert Soskin a pair of gentlemen I would say. The other heart-felt and authentic tribute I read was by Wiltshire based historian Brian Edwards.

I would like to be able to say Burl's The Stone Circles of the British Isles was the first book I read on the subject but it wouldn't be true. It may well be the last the way things are going as I only acquired back in January - by pure chance in a second hand book shop.

As I said in an earlier post, Julian Cope's book was my big influence. After that came The Secrets of the Avebury Stones by Terence Meaden who is also quite elderly now but still going strong.
Then there are all the people, past and present, on this forum - too numerous to mention by name but a few do stand out. Yourself being one of them.

All the best x

Reply | with quote
tjj
Posted by tjj
22nd April 2020ce
20:08

In reply to:

Re: Aubrey Burl RIP (moss)

Messages in this topic: